Find your Celtic roots, and your inner warrior with Irish Steel. This fun and historical workshop will have you immersed in ancient times as you learn the fascinating history, moves and folklore of Irish swordplay.
Starting with foam swords, you will have to complete some fun challenges and learn some cool moves enabling you to move on to the next weapon. Once you have, you will be put into teams (tribes), and the real fun begins.
As a team, you will have to learn moves, complete challenges, and train / dual together before competing in a choreographed action sequence and target driven mini assault course against the other teams (tribes).
Completing the course and training will win you your ‘war stripes’ enabling you to take part in a final supervised ‘real deal’ challenge – where authentic Celtic swords and a variety of Melons await!
This workshop is facilitated by a fully trained medieval martial arts and safety expert.
- This event can be organised indoors or outdoors, we have a wide range of perfect venues, including – hotels / corporate venues / sport venues / function rooms / country houses and estates and many more.
- 1 – 3 hours (with a break) dependant on schedule and size of the group
EXTRA’S & ADD ONS
- Event filmed and DVD / movie file supplied
- Make a shield workshop (20 minutes)
- Make a flag workshop (20 minutes)
- 4 – 40 people (at once)
- Group tours and incentives
- Team Building activities
- Group activities
- Irish Culture Days
- Family days