The oldest and purest music in the world is that of the song and the drum. This fun, interactive workshop uses Ireland’s native drum, the bodhran (pronounced bow-ron) in combination with some of Ireland’s oldest songs to produce a fantastic and authentic musical experience.
Through a series of lively challenges, you will learn about the rhythms of traditional Irish music (jigs, reels, polkas, hornpipes etc) their importance, the difference between them, how to play some of them and how to combine them with song.
Everyone will get to learn about Irish song structure, and the famed Irish wit that permeates the lyrics. You’ll learn beats, sing choruses and lines from traditional songs and have the ‘craic’ doing it! The event is always building towards the big finale, and you’ll need to work as a team when we put it all together for a grand rip-roaring performance.
- We can work in almost any room with this event – Pubs & bars / Hotels / Function room’s / Conference facilities / Corporate venues / Your chosen venue or office
- 1.5 – 2 hours depending on the group size. Event can be tailored shorter or longer to suit your schedule
EXTRAS & ADD ONS
- Full traditional band to accompany the final performance
- A video of the event
- A souvenir bodhran for all participants
- 2 – 100 people
- Group tours and incentives
- Social Event
- Team building activity
- Parties and celebrations